Moringa Oleifera leaves also known as ( Drum Stick / Horse Radish ) leaves are very nutritious and tasty. It has an enormous medicinal value as it contains abundant source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, etc. Moringa is being used for decades owing to its medicinal properties and its nutritional benefits. It also has antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and antidepressant properties. The leaves often serve as roughage and help proper bowel movement.
Health benefits of Moringa Leaves :
Here are Moringa leaves advantages that will surprise you.
- Antioxidant-rich: as described already, Moringa leaves are an excellent source of antioxidants. Scientists have identified around 30 different types of antioxidants that effectively clean our body by eliminating toxins. This has the blood purification features and protects the liver secure.
- Detoxification: Cleaning the body with the help of its antioxidants and vitamins is another medical benefit you may gain by eating Moringa leaves. Basically, it detoxifies the chime in the stomach and protect our body healthy.
- Anti-inflammatory characteristics: Drumstick leaves are loaded with alkaloids that prevent the bacterial invasion and cure cuts, bruises and minor burns. It can also be used topically by crushing the leaves and making a smooth paste.
- Brain: As it is a great source of vitamins C and E moringa leaves helps in producing neurotransmitters. It is significantly better for the aged as it reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia by half.
- Lowers diabetes: The leaves carry ascorbic acid, which supports the development of insulin in our body. It therefore, regulates blood sugar levels and helps us reduce the risk of diabetes.
Nutritional Benefits of Moringa Leaves :
- Forget acne: The leaf paste could treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic features. In addition, Moringa leaves also speed up the process of cell formation and eliminate blemishes from the skin.
- Forget sleep disorder: It is indeed a great source of essential amino acids. The leaves include 18 different amino acids that help in the development of cells. Tryptophan is one of the amino acids that regulates the sleep cycle of a person. Amino acids often increase one’s mood by helping the production of happy hormones.
- Weight loss: These fiber-rich leaves fill you up for a long period of time, helping you stop cravings. Furthermore, it contains chlorogenic acid, an antioxidant that helps to remove extra fat.
- Digestive improvement: The huge leaves often add a lot of volume and roughage to the food. The intestinal movement of food is maintained properly. It also eliminates excess acid from the stomach and makes the digestive system completely healthy.
- Quick energy: This nutritious leaves do provide a significant amount of carbohydrate. Stored carbohydrates provide a person with instant power when consumed. It also improves the energy level by giving additional number of iron and magnesium. You may however quickly overcome the fatigue and tiredness.
Medicinal Benefits and Uses:
- Dry drumstick leaves rapidly treats diarrhea and gastric ulcers.
- It serves as an antiseptic to the skin and also manages depression.
- Apply the leaves to injuries because they have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial features.
- This leaves used to treat fever, bronchitis, eye, ear infections and severe mucus membrane inflammation.
- Rub drumstick leaves on the temples to get recovery from head pain.
- It is effective in controlling hair loss and lower dandruff.
- The leaves have a high iron content that activates red blood cells and prevents anemia.
- Dry and ground powder is used in soups or sauces.
- Cook the leaves as spinach
- Leaves are often used to prepare tea which is fully packed with antioxidants.
- Add the fresh leaves to salads.
- Mix the leaves together in the form of smoothies.
As this serves many benefits to our health. We at Modern store, Malaysia always care about our customer healthy life. Modern Store sell dry powder, fresh leaves, seeds and always available in the store. Therefore, health benefits of moringa leaves or powder regularly will help you live a healthier life. It is a power packed to boost your health regime.
Now it’s time to take advantage of Moringa leaves and stay fit!
To Know more:
Like Us on
Facebook: Modern Store Indian Grocery